We are located in Smith Hall, not far from Interstate-95 in Delaware. Our cross streets are S. College Avenue and Amstel Avenue. For a building landmark, we are next door to the Trabant University Center.
From the North
- Take exit #1B: 896 North (following the signs for the University of Delaware)
- Follow 896 North, which becomes South College Avenue if you go straight (896 will turn to the left)
- Keep going straight on South College to the University's Main Campus (approx. 2 miles)
- Smith Hall is located on your left on the corner of South College Avenue and Amstel Avenue (right next to the pedestrian over-pass)
- Visitor parking is available on the left on South College Avenue just before Smith Hall (Lot 41 in parking map, look for the University Visitor's Center) or in the parking garage located on Main Street (Lot 17 in parking map)
From the South
- Take exit 109 A-B in Maryland to avoid the toll at the DE line. Take the far ramp toward Newark, which will put you on Elkton-Newark Road.
- You will be on Elkton Road for 3-4 miles until it merges into one lane and curves right, where it changes into Delaware Avenue.
- At the light, turn RIGHT onto South College Avenue. Smith Hall is the second building on your right
- Visitor parking is available
- in a lot on the right on South College Avenue (Lot 41 in parking map, look for the University Visitor's Center) and
- in a parking garage on Amstel Avenue. Make a RIGHT at the light onto Amstel Avenue and a LEFT at the next stop sign. Parking garage is on your RIGHT (Lot 14C in parking map).
Here are links to forms that visitors might need to get reimbursements of travel expenses or honoraria after an invited visit to the CIS Department: