CIS Department Mission Statement
The mission of the Department of Computer and Information Sciences is to provide a culturally diverse and intellectually stimulating environment for
- Educating future leaders in academia, industry, government, and entrepreneurial pursuits through rigorous programs covering the theory and application of computer science. Developing in our students the ability to solve problems and to contribute through teamwork.
- Creating new knowledge and innovative technologies through research in the core areas of computer science and in collaborations with other disciplines.
- Exploiting the opportunities and solving the problems created by computing and networking technology.
- Serving the communities to which we belong, locally, nationally, and internationally, with a deep commitment to ethics in the practice of our profession.
CIS Staff Mission Statement
The Staff of Computer and Information Sciences Department have committed ourselves to be highly productive and provide superior operating results to all Faculty and Students we serve as customers. We commit ourselves to working together as a team by being clear about tasks, structure, and accountability.
We value mutual respect and diversity, promote a welcoming atmosphere, instill ethical behavior and engage in activities that improve the performance of everyone we serve.
- We will sensitively and effectively assist students who have different life experiences, class and cultural backgrounds, identities, orientations, abilities and values and make appropriate referrals to specialized campus resources to ensure optimal integration into university culture.
- We will work together as a team and with campus-wide academic and administrative units with the aim of facilitating student success and reasonable individual accommodation within campus standards.
- A top priority is to meet the increasing demands of a rapidly changing environment and provide services in a proactive, responsive, cost effective and service-orientated manner that parallels with and supports the University's strategic plan.
- We will continually strive to improve customer satisfaction, all awhile establishing a high level of accountability, by delivering quality services that satisfy customer requirements.
We will foster a learning environment where employees are encouraged to develop their skills to meet the demand of the future, while still promoting teamwork, learning, high performance and mutual respect for differences.